Christmas time is upon us! After years of planning, building, and spending money, our 2017 year of a synchronized display has arrived. We are one of only a few houses in Oceanside to have an animated Christmas light display.
We are on the North side of Quiet Hills Drive in Oceanside, CA. That is in the “Peacock Hills” neighborhood near the intersection of Peacock and Oceanside Boulevard. For more information, see our Where Are The Lights? page.
Hear The Music
When you drive by, simply tune your car radio to FM 87.9MHz to hear our tiny 13mW station. It covers just about a 200 ft. radius of our home. For more information on the setup of this, please see the blog post detailing the FM Transmitter we are using.
Our show runs from 5:00PM to 09:00PM every night between December 1st and December 31st. If weather causes any issues like GFCIs tripping, we will not run the show. In the event of GFCIs being tripped and the show being dark for a night, we will update our Facebook page. I am automatically notified of a GFCI trip within seconds and will post any status updates to Facebook.
This year our songs selection is:
- Andy Williams – It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of Year
- August Burns Red – Oh Holy Night
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy – Phineas and Ferb – Christmas Is Starting Now
- Gene Autry – Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
- Jason Mraz – Winter Wonderland
- Michael Buble – Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
- Neil Diamond – Deck the Halls
- Straight No Chaser – The Christmas Can-Can
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra – Nutrocker
- Weezer – Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
We are hoping to have at least a couple more songs ready over the next couple of weeks including some rendition of Feliz Navidad.
Channels: 4096 (not yet fully utilized)
100% LED Lights: 12,080
For more information, see the how it all works page!