Well after a handful of suggestions from Mike and the DIYC community, I have re-spun the PCB without resistors and without a top plane and a couple other changes.
Here’s a list:
- All traces are on top without using a polygon for a power plane.
- Bottom is not cut by any traces (other than the version text) since all traces are on top.
- J1-6 is no longer ground
- No 45° angles coming off non-round pads for under-etching.
- Trace from U1-8 to decoupling C1 is very short.
- Removed resistors and reduced size after testing breadboard reliability without resistors.
- Squished the U1 placement silkscreen so it’s not on the solder pads